Monday, January 17, 2011

An aside and lots of dots

recipeorganiser


Over the last two months this blog has been on a mini hiatus of sorts. Do not worry, I've been busy in the kitchen as always but life at times spills over and overwhelms. Something had to give and that something was this blog.

So here it is already the 3rd week of the new year. It's a bit late to be dusting off the cobwebs, looking back and reflecting on the past year. Still I can't help it. I find myself fascinated by a Facebook application called, A Year in Status which pulls together all posts to your status from the past year.

I have always wanted to journal yet over the years my efforts in this regard have been haphazard. With all that I do it has been difficult to stay committed to journalling. That's why I love this app. I shows that you don't have to write reams and reams. A collection of one liner's and simple jottings can be an effective way to record your thoughts and various goings on.

Here is a glimpse of my past year in one line snippets,  superfluous exclamation marks, serious grammatical errors, occasional dialect and many dots....

...going crazy trying to remember a password-let me in. It's me goddammit......... lols, people need to stop talking in this meeting. Matthew that's u. Good, matthew done talk. loooooooooooooong weekend here I come......... sis just cuss off d airline for losin' she chile. Yuh done know  a West Indian real vex when all pretence of standard English done gorne. Is rank dialect in dey tail now. Pappayo. Duck and run for cover airline peeps......... dear manager  you advertised blueberries on sale at $38.00 with a huge sign that clearly says blueberries $38.00. I waited while the 10 other customers behind me rolled their eyes while you did a price check to tell me that the sale was over. Blueberries now $48.00. WTH. Steups take West Indian cuss and keep yuh stinking blueberries..........  From my first born before leaving for school. " Mom, I'm giving you this kiss now for you to remember that when I come home I will give you a hug"........ Same 5 yr old on another day. "Boy do I miss the good old days".......... rabbit rabbit....... DS MRI moved to 5:00pm....... PTA meeting-son's teacher told us that parents shouldn't let children look at shows that present gays and their lifestyle as normal. Using the same logic I guess he shouldn't be allowed to be an alter boy or go to church for fear that he might think that being a paedophile is okay. Hmm, I wonder does this mean that Uncle Ray can no longer visit? Uncle Steve, you  Uncle Scott and the kids can no longer visit cause apparently I missed the memo that said I need to first clear these things with son's First Year Infant teacher. Wow Catholic school! .............Drove home to the tune of screaming 2 yr old and a 5 yr old singing (full shriek) to comfort his baby brother. Sweet right? Why yes, of course there was traffic and two year olds can scream for a really, really, loooooong time ya'll.......... Now accepting condolences for the untimely demise of Sharktooth the Siamese fighting fish who will be buried (not flushed) latter this pm............ "Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." thanks Carissa by way of Lisa.......... Sharktooth's funeral was 'officiated' by Canon Knolly Clarke. RIP Shrktooth. God I hope the cat doesn't did him up................ "Teachers do real work for little money. Famous people do little work for lots of money." My five year old is a sage........... Looking for my courage. Have you seen it?.............2nd night in tooth fairy saga. Tooth put in envelope and placed under pillow. Envelope still there but no tooth. Listen bub if ya don't want the money just say. This tooth fairy needs her beauty sleep. Stop hiding de damn teeth!.............arrrgh socks!........... According to Wikepedia,"residual graphite from a pencil is not poisonous and graphite is harmless if consumed." The last part of that sentence is so comforting................. So what happen to your belly are you having another baby? This from a woman 300lbs heavier than myself. No! Are you?!!!..............My son (yes the sage again) explaining a game of tag. "You have to run. You know the thing that adults do for exercise but children do for fun?"..................... This is a moment this is not the rest of your life...

So much for my trip down memory lane. Next post a nifty recipe for a family game night. Stay tuned.

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I don't think it's ever too late for a happy new year, so... Happy New Year! Hope it's a great one for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year to you too LyB:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this, too funny!
    Best wishes for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wizzy,

    Life can be so beautifully tiring and complicated!
    Food, when it is a passion can help keep you sane, and keep the kids fed (and mouths engaged at least for a while) :-)
    Thanks for sharing. Ain't life grand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year... I loved and laughed reading those little snaphots into your year... I know 2011 will be great and I look forward to your food inspirations... whenever you can squeeze them in between the singing kiddies..... aren't they the BEST of times!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you too Miche. Yes indeed the absolute best of times (even if sometimes these best of times occur only in hindsight lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year and I cannot wait to share it with you, looking forward to all the wonderful foods and information you so generously give us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We totally understand. Sometimes life just intrudes on blogging but we're always waiting eagerly for when you come back and glad that you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely understand about life getting in the way, I've been slacking off on mine lately also but here's to getting back to it!

    ReplyDelete